The David Brower Center provides a home for the environmental movement by advocating for the beauty, diversity and ecological integrity of Earth. The Brower Center accomplishes this mission through a distinctive combination of permanent infrastructure and ongoing programs in a unique institution that
• Informs the public about the environmental challenges we face and the bold actions we must take if ours is to remain a living planet;
• Inspires people to recognize their own power and responsibility to act on behalf of the Earth; and
• Connects individuals and organizations dedicated to social equity and ecological sustainability.
The Brower Center fulfills these commitments through three core programs:
• Art and Education, which offers museum-quality exhibitions and public programs that serve to educate audiences about a wide range of environmental issues and foster a more engaged citizenry;
• Resident Organizations, through which the Center houses 30+ nonprofits and social enterprises and provides capacity building and networking opportunities; and
• Conference Center, hosting more than 300 events every year for nonprofit and private businesses, and strengthening the green event industry by requiring clients to abide by low-waste, green principles.
Together these programs bring over 50,000 people to the Brower Center each year and draw nonprofit organizations, social entrepreneurs, artists, activists, and the general public to engage in creative dialogue and action.
Recommended Hotels in Berkeley
Hotel Shattuck Plaza (just a block away from the David Brower Center)
The Graduate Hotel (just a 15min walk)