Call for Speculative Design Exhibit Submissions
The Emerging Designer Exhibition will celebrate the diversity and excellence of the speculative design practice, and aims to recognize emerging designers without borders. The Exhibition is open to speculative design, design fiction, and futuristic design projects from all discipline. Selected projects will be exhibited during the PRIMER18 conference on Friday, May 4, 2010 at the David Brower Center in Berkeley, CA.
- Through either/or two tracks of entry (Poster track and Video track) showcase your work to the global design, strategy & futurist community at PRIMER18 Conference.
- A People’s Choice Award will be awarded for each track which will be voted by the conference attendees.
- The winner of each track will receive a $100 award and a free general admission ticket for next year’s PRIMER 19 conference in addition to being highlighted via PRIMER social media, web, and digital communication.
- Receive a code to purchase a discounted ticket for PRIMER 18 General Admission for May 4, 2018 or PRIMER 18 Opening Party/Meetup May 3, 2018
*Note: Designers are limited to 5 total submissions between the two tracks.
Thursday, April 26 by 11:59 PM (PST): Deadline for exhibitor applications
Friday, April 27: Announcement of acceptance via email
Sunday, April 29 11:59 PM (PST): Application fees due link provided in acceptance email
Friday, May 4: Exhibition open to conference attendees during PRIMER 18 at the David Brower Center in Berkeley, CA
Open to all designers. Refer to the Submission Guidelines below for more specifics.
$20 participation fee for each accepted project (payable via link provided in acceptance email)
How to Enter:
Please carefully read the Submission Guidelines below before entering the submission here.
Poster track formatting requirements:
- One poster to illustrate your project
- Poster size: 24 inch by 36 inch, portrait
- File size must not exceed 15 MB
- JPG, PDF, PNG accepted
Video track formatting requirements:
- Less than 1 min video
- File size must not exceed 300MB
- MP4 format
To be consideration as a qualified submission, the work must meet all of the following criteria
- Only submissions via the official form will be accepted. Entries will NOT be accepted via physical delivery.
- Entrants should not include their name or any personal pictures of themselves within the submitted work. Entries with designer identification in the work submissions will be disqualified.
- For accepted submissions, PRIMER 18 will be responsible for the setup/take down of the works for the show. The Entrant is strongly encouraged to petticoat the event. PRIMER 18 will provide codes to purchase PRIMER 18 General Admission Tickets for May 4, 2018 or PRIMER 18 Opening Party/Meetup May 3, 2018.
- Submissions must not be inappropriate, libelous or defamatory, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or include offensive, obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit content.
- All submissions must be designed by the Entrant or belong to a team in which Entrant is the design lead. By entering the Show, the Entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted work is the work designed by the Entrant, that the work does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the work. Submissions that are accepted for the exhibition that contain brand names, trademarks or company logos require permission from the company to exhibit.
- Submissions must not involve physical harm to any person or animal. The work may not use any watermarks or artist signatures.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
Intellectual Property and License
All submissions will remain the exclusive property of the Entrant. PRIMER (further defined as Sponsor and Producer respectively) will have the right to use all of the submitted work as part of the Exhibition, and all images depicted therein, in any promotion or for any non-commercial purpose. By submitting the Work, the Entrant grants the Sponsor and Producer the non-exclusive, unlimited and royalty-free rights to publish in all media now known or hereafter discovered, and publicly display all Work for an unlimited period and worldwide.